Thursday 18 September 2014

Home Again

Well it's 4am and I am sitting drinking coffee and reading blogs wide awake and have been for the last hour!  Our holiday is over for another wee while and I am delighted to say we had a great time, it's sad to say goodbye to the mountains, it was such a stunning day yesterday I must admit it did bring a tear to my eye as we travelled along highway 1A for the last time this summer on our way to the Airport.  The sky was bright blue not a cloud to be seen and the mountains and rivers so crisp and clear.

Yesterday was a long day. We wondered why the British Airways check in desk was all decorated with balloons and flowers when we arrived at the airport to check in our bags.  We soon discovered we were flying home on the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner on it's first flight out of Calgary.  Well I for one was not terribly impressed however we must move with technology and I guess we don't have a choice of plane we fly in. I think I would rather have had more legroom and better food than all the gadgetry of games, films, tv shows etc on our little screens which in my opinion were too close to see clearly anyway. Ok so that's my rant over.  After the 8 hour flight and a change at Heathrow Techie was waiting to meet us and taxi us home,  it was so good to see him again.

I am hoping we have some good weather here for the next few days at least so I can get back in to the routine before having to look out my winter woollies and put away my summer clothes for another year.

My coffee is finished so I'm now going to head back to bed in the hope that I can have a few more hours shut eye and fit back into our new time zone again.

Quilting will resume as soon as I can get my unpacking done and my head sorted out.

1 comment:

margaret said...

welcome home to a united UK!! do much excitement re the voting but good to have you staying with us.