Wednesday 3 September 2014

Pastels for a Girl

Techie asked me to make a baby quilt as a gift for a friend's little daughter who arrived last week. What an excuse to visit the fabric shop.  When I went to look for the border fabric for the exploding block I bought this little bundle of pastels.



I wasn't sure what I was going to do, I wanted something fairly modern but with some traditional blocks.  K as usual came up with some inspiration. She uses Pinterest a lot for ideas but I have not quite got the hang of it yet.


This is what I have come up with so far.  Having decided on the pattern I realised I needed a little piece of fabric to make it pop so when we were out for lunch yesterday downtown I paid the quilt shop another visit and picked up this. Very girly!


Full steam ahead now - it's wet again this morning and there is a sprinkling of snow on the mountains so I will probably manage some more sewing time this afternoon.



2 comments:

Karen said...

Ooh nice! Can't wait to see it finished. Kx

margaret said...

you have a lovely selection of fabrics here I am sure a delightful quilt will come to life with them