Sunday 3 July 2016

Another Month

Half way through the year already, I can't believe we are into July and we still have it wet windy and quite cool.  I wish the grey clouds would just lift and give us some nice blue skies for a change.

I am delighted to report that on Tuesday evening our little band of quilters handed over 29 quilts to the lady from PHEW to be given to the teenagers who attend for respite. Didn't we do well and I know of at least and other three in the making.  A pat on the back to you all ladies!  We had a lovely evening rounded off by tea, cakes and shortbread.  I was overwhelmed by the quilts and D from Phew was blown away both with the number of quilts and the talent of the group members.  We have been beavering away since the beginning of the year and although we knew we had a few gathered we had not actually seen them all together nor had they been counted.  Each one was unique, no two the same.  We had farm animals, sailing boats, flowers, flying geese, bikes, space ships, rainbow colours, black and red, bright and bold, autumnal and cool blues. Stupidly I didn't get a photo showing all the quilts together but it was a magnificent sight and I am delighted to have helped give these youngsters a quilt to hug.  My gallery has been updated and the photos with a prefix (P) are the ones I made.

I am also happy to show you today the two baby quilts I made for baby Oliver.  The little sunny seaside quilt for his pram or car seat 

Sunny Seaside 30 x30 inches
and the bright jungle themed cot quilt.  


Playing in the Jungle 40 x 48 inches


They have now been passed on to him and I have it on good authority from his Nanny that Mummy and Oliver are delighted with them.  It won't be long before he is trailing them around and using them for make believe dens and tents.

All in all a successful and productive week.  I just love when the enjoyment I get making these little gems gets passed along for someone else to enjoy too.  I have a busy week ahead so not sure that I will get much sewing done but you just never know.

1 comment:

margaret said...

good to read so many quilts were handed over for the sick teenagers and the baby quilts looks great too. Have been busy making hearts for ter Orlando quilts and also we the Leeds MQG are making wonky plus blocks for quilts for the family of Jo Cox have 10 blocks done it is a good design as so quick to make.