Friday 16 August 2013

Almost There

I started hand stitching the binding on the quilt last night.  There is something calming and restful about handwork.  Sitting in my sewing/dining room (or is it the dining/sewing room)  with the music playing - what a great invention the iPhone or should I say smart phone.  Docking stations and playlists are wonderful, different music for different moods, and activities.  Well anyway I managed two sides stitched before my eyes were drooping.  Sitting with a quilt over your lap is cosy and comforting especially when it has a fleecy backing like this one.  I don't think this particular quilt will be moving far from this room. I am getting far too attached to it at the moment but it's all for a purpose so we will see.  Oops photo is a bit dark sorry, but you get the idea.



Cosy backing and tiny stitches - must get daylight bulb before winter


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see it finished! I know its not quite the end of the month but seeing as its such a special quilt will it be at class on Tuesday? Kx

Anonymous said...

Looks good Mum and if you're falling asleep now what will you be like in the winter with the fire on!!

Neil