Sunday 18 August 2013

The Last Stitch

Tomorrow,  Monday 19th August would have been Mum and Dad's 60th wedding anniversary and Mum's birthday and to mark the date I will be revealing the finished quilt which started me sewing again.  It has been a huge roller coaster ride, many nights enjoying the challenge, others tough when I found it difficult to concentrate.  The aim was to get me sewing so that I could produce charity quilts for fundraising for Marie Curie Cancer Care.  

In recognition of their special day an In Memory Page at Just Giving in Mum's name has been set up, where donations can be made.  This was the method suggested by the local fundraiser at Marie Curie based at the Glasgow Hospice.  The money donated through this page will be used to help fund more nurses in the community.  Money I receive for my quilts will also be added to the page.  

The link is https://www.justgiving.com/piecing-it-all-together or click on the tab at the top of this page.

I have set an initial target of £2500 but I would like to think I could break this target and go on to higher goals, to enable the charity to have more nurses in our area.  

This quilt I now realise I cannot part with.  Too many thoughts and memories were triggered by each stitch and each stage in the making of this piece.  I may make another one just like it someday when the scrap bin is overflowing again, who knows.  There will be more quilts though, made with many fabrics of different colours, patterns and sizes over the coming months.  Most of them will be sold, auctioned, raffled and donated to the charity for different events.  

Thank you to everyone for their encouragement and comments since this blog began. I know it has been difficult to leave a comment unless you have a google account but I think we have changed the settings to enable you to do this now more easily.   Please feel free to contact me by using the contact box on the right if you are struggling with this technology (as I am - but I'm learning, slowly) and I will try to reply to you if I can.  Thank you for following along.  Audrey 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thinking about you and looking forward to the big reveal. Kx