Tuesday 27 August 2013

Ideas and Inspiration

Dad sometimes slips me some 'pocket money' and over the last few months it has been been 'burning a hole in my pocket' as they say.  Last week at quilting class we brought along some of our own books and patterns to look at and talk about our favourites.  We had great fun sharing and all agreed it was an enjoyable evening, it was a bit different from our usual class night.  My mind started working overtime again.  

Decision made!  Time to buy some new quilting books.  Now if anyone knows me out there they will know I don't read real books anymore, by that I mean I don't turn pages of paper.  I am a convert to the electronic age in that respect and love my e readers.  I know there are pros an cons but having a suitcase full of heavy books is no longer necessary when going on holiday, my kindle and my iPad are trusty friends, and yes I do use them both.  But and yes, there is always a but isn't there.  I don't like reading quilting books on my tablets - I did try a couple of downloads but they are not so easy to reference.

So after last week's class I decided I would treat myself to some new modern quilting books for ideas and inspiration.  They arrived yesterday, I've had a quick peak and I am looking forward to reading them all cover to cover.


2 comments:

margaret said...

see top of your pile is the Tula Pink book, I am working through it and we have just put blocks 40 to 42 on the web. Reasonably new to patchwork I feel these are a great learning curve and can see improvement in mine. Now have all 100 cut out and plan to stitch more next week when my lodger Alfie (a cat) goes home, too many hairs about to do them at the moment.
I am very naughty when it comes to books but have told myself enough is enough, over 300 including embroidery ones!

Ian said...

Perhaps your next project might be producing an ebook with some of your favourite blocks! :)