Saturday 14 September 2013

A Perfect Day - Another Picnic



Cathedral Mountain - from Monarch Campground

Cathedral Mountian - another picnic spot we enjoy. Lots of butterflies warming their wings in the sun, all too flighty to get a good photo. Usually we have a visit from the little ground squirrels when we are here, but they were hiding today. A great day out in the sunshine, revisiting places with happy memories. We have a photo of the boys standing on the bridge taken the first time we were here.  Wow!  how time flies.  I must try and find it when we get back home. We stopped at a few places on our trip today and finally had dinner in our favourite Chinese restaurant, eating too much as always but oh it was good!


Rundle Mountain - Just as the sun is setting

This must be one of the most photographed mountains in the park, and as a family we must have lots of shots but I just couldn't resist one more, it was a stunning evening.

What about the quilting then?  I need a pincushion - I have lots at home but I have never really got around to making one here.  The first photo gave me inspiration - or thought association more likely.  The class wants a tutorial later in the year too, so a good opportunity to try out 'cathedral windows'.  

will probably try and find a nice little button for the centre but I don't think it's too bad for a first attempt.  What do you think?


Cathedral Windows Pincushion






2 comments:

margaret said...

the reflection in t he second photo is wonderful, good as any professional could capture.

Pin cushion very nice, another to do to go on my list

Unknown said...

Stunning scenery. Love the pin cushion......better get myself (and my brain) geared up for that one! Kx