Sunday 1 September 2013

A Little Hiccup

What do you do when you can't sew?  Well I suppose that's actually a silly question.  I can sew, but I can't press my seams.  Yesterday while ironing my shirts my iron started making silly spitting noises. Hmm need to get this done, carry on and keep calm.  I did think the temperature wasn't quite right but got through the bundle.

Move on a few hours, sitting at my machine putting together a few more blocks, turned to the pressing board and iron which should have been at optimum temperature. Strange!  Not hot enough.  It is (or should I say was) one of these which cuts off after leaving it on for too long but it hadn't been left for that long without being used.  Picked it up and I had a little puddle on my mat and table and drips on the floor, together with a lot of hissing and spitting.  Switched it off. Water and electricity not a good combination.  Dried everything up, left it a while.  Tried again - same result.  Conclusion no more sewing and a trip out later today to buy a new iron.

Why do these things always happen when you are on a roll and steaming on (oops sorry!) to try and get something finished.  Ho hum. 

Had to do some knitting instead!  Another pair of walking socks for the photographer in the family.  Oh and I have to say that the photos on this blog are taken by me - not the professional - his photos are so much better than these!

Easy to take with you wherever you go - I love these  little pins.

2 comments:

margaret said...

I expect you have now got a new all singing all dancing iron. I have to admit to still using a non steam iron, have 3, as they are not available anymore I grap second hand ones when I can, use one for messy work, one for general ironing and one for patchwork etc

Neil Mackie said...

I'm just glad you broke it this time Mum after I broke the last one!!

Looking forward to wearing the socks soon!