Monday 23 September 2013

More Fabrics


I have a few baby quilts to make over the next few months and when I visited the quilt shop in Cochrane earlier this this week this is what I bought.  Bright and cheery and in my eyes suitable for either boy or girl.  As many of you know I have great difficulty with girly colours so I guess I always seem to veer to the boys colours.  Never fear I promise I will look for some more girly colours too!  I intend doing something with HSTs (half square triangles for those not quilty minded)

We went for a short drive this afternoon down by the river, a few folks were out enjoying the trails, a photographer capturing Yamnuska and a couple of fishermen drifting in their boat downstream - no wildlife!  As we sat enjoying our afternoon coffee we could see the storm clouds building up to the west.  By 4.00pm we called it a day and returned home just as the rain came on.  

I decided to make a huge pot of warming soup for dinner - sweet potato with cumin and ginger. Hearty and warming, it was delicious. Lamb chops, green beans, mushrooms and garlic potatoes followed, all rounded off with a lovely glass of wine.  I did sneak some sticky toffee pudding and icecream to complete the meal.  

If I don't fall asleep I may just do some stitching tonight using some of these fabrics for my next quilt.  Have a great week folks, I hope all my friends at quilting class have made a start to their BOM (block of the month) or at least had a look at it.  It will soon be time for the next one!  Happy stitching.

1 comment:

margaret said...

good variety of fabrics here, I am the opposite to you when it comes to fabrics, so many of mine seem to be more suitable for females rather then males.have told myself no more florals but sometimes I just cannot resist.
Your dinner sounded delicious, the time for soup making is rapidly approaching here too, nothing like a home made soup is there