Thursday 5 September 2013

Blue Skies and Sunshine

The blue and yellow bundle of fabrics given to me recently has been transformed.  I have only used some of the fabrics so I would imagine you will be seeing this cheery fabric again in another pattern at a much later date, I have a few ideas.  This one is called Blue Skies and Sunshine, and I think an appropriate name for this little floral lap quilt which will be one of the first to be put up for sale to raise funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care, the main purpose of this blog.  In an odd coincidence the colourway is also the colour of the charity's daffodil logo which I am sure we all know so well.  The online shop is in the planning but I would like to have a few more projects completed to offer a choice to any would be customers.

Blue Skies and Sunshine

The quilt is as always pieced together with cotton fabrics and machine pieced with egyptian cotton thread this one measures approx 42 x 42 inches and has warm and natural batting and is backed with a cosy fleece.  All my quilts are fully machine washable in a cool wash.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a lovely summery looking quilt. Not like the weather here today unfortunately! It's definitely turning to Autumn. Kx