Sunday 3 November 2013

A Sunny Sunday

It's so nice to see the sun shining through the windows this morning!  Although it does show just how dirty they are.  It has been very windy and rainy the past couple of days and has blown all the leaves around whipping up all the dust and grime.  The garden is looking a bit bedraggled but the colours are still hanging on in there on some of the shrubs and trees.



I have another finish today, Ups and Downs - 


 

I seem to have used similar fabrics and colours in this one as I did in Bright and Breezy - why is it we seem to go through stages of using the same colours.  This little quilt measures 35in x 44 in and was lovely to sew together and such fun.  Half square triangles are so versatile.  We tried a little experiment a few months ago at class.  Here are some of the designs we came up with.  I think I might be using some of these in the near future.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Time for a cuppa now, enjoy what is left of your weekend.




1 comment:

margaret said...

like you I love half square triangles, find them so much easier to match than squares and there are so many patterns that can be formed as you have shown so well here. Quilt looks great, will be needing one for my knees now the weather is colder