Thursday 28 November 2013

Its Crazy

It's a crazy time of year, everyone is busy planning and preparing, making food lists, gift lists, 'to do' lists. Planning shopping trips, planning holidays and so the lists go on.  In all of your crazy life stop and spare a thought for those who are suffering in the run up to what is perhaps a normally happy time.  Stop and spare a thought for all the families, carers, and nurses looking after the terminally ill.  Just stop and have a moment for yourself!

I have now opened a tab on my home page offering some of my Quilts for Sale.  This is not a profit making exercise but a fundraising one.  All the quilts listed on this particular page are to raise funds and awareness of the charity Marie Curie Cancer Care.  The page has all the information needed should you wish to purchase a nice cosy quilt for the colder months ahead.  They would also make a loving gift for someone who has everything - except a quilt!  Please take a minute to have a look.
 
Crazy times, crazy minds leads  me to Crazy Paving a quilt I had great fun with, randomly picking and choosing fabrics willy nilly and piecing them into rectangular blocks not the usual squares.  I have used this pattern before a few years ago but it is such fun to do I thought I would try it again.  It's made up with  5 small patches with sashing in between.
Two  (3.5x4.5in), Two (3.5x2in) and one (3x 3.5in) all joined together with 1 inch sashing strips making a block around 9.5 x 7.  I used 20 of these blocks stitched together with a 4.5in border to give me a finished quilt of about 44 x 44 ins square.  Just a nice size for a lap quilt.  This will be added to my Quilts for Sale later today.  In the meantime I am off to get some crazy housework done. 
 
Crazy Paving

1 comment:

Snowcatcher said...

What a wonderful cause, and such a beautiful quilt. That's a very attractive pattern!