Tuesday 5 November 2013

Three More Quilts Donated to the Cause

I met with Murray Easton today for the first time.  It's always good to put a face to the voice on the end of the telephone.  Murray is Fundraising Manager for Marie Curie Cancer Care based at the Glasgow Hospice and has always been there when I have had questions about helping to raise awareness and funds for the charity.  I am very new to fundraising so it was good to have a chat over tea and cake this morning and discovering how small a world we live in, realising we each know and have worked with the same people in the past, although not connected in any way at the same time.

Three of my completed projects left with him to be used in the Christmas Shopping Ladies Lunch and the Glasgow Hospice Christmas Fayre, scheduled for later this month.  Sunny Days - the blue and yellow quilt, Bright and Breezy - the one I have just finished and a simple Festive Table runner.  Hopefully they will catch someone's eye at these events and go to good homes adding a few more pounds to the funds. 

Sunny Days
 
Festive Runner
Bright and Breezy


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

This is the first time you have seen the table runner, but I suppose as we are now into November and Halloween and Guy Fawkes nights have just passed I am now allowed to  mention Christmas!  I have made a couple of festive projects so far.  One I particularly enjoyed doing with our class was the holiday coaster a quick and fun idea to brighten up any coffee table.  This was taken from the book Modern Holiday by Amanda Murphy which has lots of lovely quick easy projects all with a modern twist but could be made using traditional fabrics too.  I chose these winter fabrics from Stoff.  The reverse of the coaster has an appliqué snowflake cut from the spotted white fabric sewn on dark navy stars, so whatever your mood you can just turn them over.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Time for bed, another busy day tomorrow.

2 comments:

margaret said...

so many lovely things you have made for such a good cause.
I am delighted that my daughter has been offered a nursing position at Wheatfields Hospice here in Leeds, it is a Sue Ryder hospice so now I know where my little pieces will be going to help raise funds. I am so proud of Helen and know Mum will be too, she was a cancer care nurse way back in the 60`s and I was thrilled that Helen qualified before Mum passed away

Unknown said...

Excellent start. Good luck with the sale of theses quilts. Hopefully the first of many.