Sunday 29 December 2013

Different Crafts


I hope you are all recovering and have had a lovely time over Christmas and have not eaten too many chocolates! 
 
Every year I am given a selection of flowers by hubby to fill the house over the holiday.  Here are a couple of my creations.  Not exactly florist standard this year but I had fun.


 

 
As you know my sewing machine and all the equipment had to be put away for a wee while to allow us to have the diningroom table extended for Christmas dinner with the family.  I was missing my sewing though, so following the idea of one of my classmates this is what I turned my hand to just before Christmas.  



Although I have tried many aspects of sewing it has been a long time since I picked up an embroidery hoop and threads.  I bought this little pincushion embroidery kit at one of the SSEC crafting exhibitions thinking I would enjoy the challenge.   Whoa!  When I brought it home and had a look at it more closely I am afraid it was relegated to the sewing/knitting basket and put on my virtual 'to do list' - the stitching was so tiny!  Well I thought this was the right time to try it out and strangely enough I am really enjoying it.  It really needs patience, I've not got a lot but I am forcing myself to sit still and try.  Good lighting is essential, thankfully I have got Mum's daylight lamp but I don't need the attached magnifying glass just yet.  I think the main thing you need is a lot of concentration with attention to detail.


It is only a 4 inch hoop
 
Wasn't it great that the techie quilt got finished up on time?  He did a grand job and surprised us all. The label has still to be made and lots more photos to be taken but he did get it finished on Christmas Eve and what's more he enjoyed making it and piecing it all together!  I think he enjoyed hijacking my blog too!  Welcome to the club Mr Quilter.

I hope to spend the next few days de-cluttering - quite normal for me at this time of the year.  We all accumulate so much stuff throughout the year so it's time to move things along - to throw rubbish out and recycle/up cycle no longer used items to the charity shops. Today it's the turn of the pantry cupboard in the kitchen which we all call the Tardis - no prizes for guessing why it's called that!!  The sun is shining this morning and everything is a lot calmer, thankfully the winds and storms have passed for the moment.  

Have good week.


2 comments: