Tuesday 3 December 2013

Take Over

My quilting space came under attack last night.  Techie decided he would see what all the quilting fuss was about.  Having decided a couple of weeks ago he was going to make a Christmas quilt, he chose a pattern there and then.  Last night he rummaged through my box of Christmas fabrics and pulled out a few suitable pieces.  We had a quick run through safety procedures - the rotary cutter is really sharp etc etc.  "It's ok Mum it's just like cutting my mount board for my photos!" I showed him how to thread my sewing machine and he was off.  Cutting,  sewing,  trimming.  A natural, will there be another quilter in the family? Who knows.  I look forward with interest to see if this project  continues or whether it will fall by the wayside when something more interesting comes along.  I don't think there was anything to interest him on TV last night!


Note the phone on the table - can't be apart from it for long
 

Watch the fingers


Didn't he do well - Sorry apparently I've got the block upside down
 
Needless to say I don't have much to report.  I am still hand stitching the binding on my HST quilt but another evening should see it finished.  Four more Tula Pink modern blocks are in the basket, and I really need to get my thinking cap on for the last of the baby quilts which needs to be finished this month.  Hopefully my quilting space will still be available now and again so that I can get these ticked off my list.

Happy stitching everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A techie takeover bid! Watch out. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. Was it for this Christmas??? Kx