Friday 13 December 2013

Late Post - or is it Early?

I have missed a post this week haven't I?  I realised this morning so I decided to post my usual Sunday post today just to confuse all my followers.  Thank you to everyone for following along. This week saw me pass a milestone of 6000 page hits since starting out.  I really didn't expect that!  
 
My cold is still lingering but I feel stronger, unfortunately as always I have developed a cough which is extremely annoying for everyone in the house, hopefully it will disappear soon.  I managed a day shopping yesterday trying to make an effort to get some Christmas presents bought for the family. Now I need to get them wrapped and tagged.

Sewing has been slow for me this week as I am between projects and have dithered over what to do next.  As promised here is my Christmas 2013 quilt.

An Original Name - Christmas Quilt 2013
I really like this one and like the offset placement of the squares.  I am pleased I decided on this colour arrangement too.  I did try it out with the middle square red instead of the green but the effect was not as pleasing to my eye.  So here is my finish for this week which I am linking up to one of my favourite blogs. crazymomquilts.blogspot.com

My next project has now been cut out ready for stitching, this is a smallish one and I found the pattern in the new magazine Love Patchwork and Quilting, a very enjoyable read with lots of tips, tutorials and patterns.

Techie is progressing with his blocks too, we seem to be able to manage to share the sewing space for the moment.  I did question whether or not he would manage a quilt.  I thought perhaps a placemat, but he passed that goal post, maybe a cushion? No he's gone beyond that now too.  He now has enough blocks done to make at least a table runner. Will he keep this pace up? - well just watch this space and I will keep you informed.

Have a good week everyone.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Congrats on the hits...I am still not quite there yet on my blog. Your Christmas quilt is really great! I love the designs and the colors. I hope you feel better soon and have fun with your other projects. Also, thanks for stopping by and checking out my projects as well. Take care.

margaret said...

love the way the centre is off centre in this quilt

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful Christmas Quilt! I love the offset, too!