Sunday 22 December 2013

The Last Post.........

........ before Christmas.  Don't panic followers I'm not throwing in the towel.  I have really enjoyed the blogging universe, I love keeping you all up to date with my quilty projects (although this last couple of weeks have been a bit shabby in the content) I wonder why?  Techie has been hogging my sewing machine!  He is doing really well and might just manage to get his Christmas quilt finished this year after all.  If he does I might just need to get out my old machine and give it a spruce up so he can use it to continue quilting -  he has already proved he can use the rotary cutter and rulers to cut out pieces, stitch in a straight line - although he needs to be more accurate on that quarter inch, pressing needs practice and he is out doing me as he can manage a bit of freemotion quilting, so we may have another male quilter joining the ranks of the experts.

Today I have decided to give you a little look at all my projects where I have used Christmassy fabrics over the years since I started my quilting journey way back in 2006.  I think I mentioned before I try and make at least one festive quilt every year so this post is very photo heavy.  Here we go......

 













 
 
 
hmmm......I think there is one photo missing.  Need to check that out. 
 
Not to worry I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas sharing time with family and friends during this festive period.  I know many of you will be travelling so take care and safe journeys.  Also please spare a thought for the Marie Curie Nurses especially at this time of year.  Many of these nurses give up their own celebrations to be with others needing care and respite. 
 
I hope you will come back and join me again in the New Year when hopefully I will have found new enthusiasm and new projects to add to my list of fun quilts to make in 2014.
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you too! And hope to see a blog soon from Techie with his efforts........ My Christmas dash has also been finished you'll be glad to hear!! Kx

margaret said...

a lovely selection of quilts you have shared today. Christmas wishes to you and yours, thrilled to say my daughter Helen is about to start a new nursing position at our local hospice following a course in paliative caere, following in my Mum`s footstps who used to nurse cancer patients in their homes and also worked in Christie hospital our main cancer centre in UK

Jasmine said...

What a fun collection of Christmas quilts. I may have to make one each year too. I have that Thimbleberries panel, too. I love what you did with it.