Sunday 23 February 2014

A Quilt Shop Visit

A bright sunny afternoon took us off on a road trip to the next town of Cochrane last Thursday.  What a fun afternoon we had, poor hubby usually gets a bit bored when I go off shopping for fabrics however he did enjoy his afternoon too having found a little cheese shop, a co-op kitchen and delicatessen and Sweet Sensations where he had a delicious gelato icecream.  Then on the way home we had an extra stop at the wine shop on the outskirts of the town, can you tell he is a foodie.

Ok back to my afternoon of fun at the quilt shop. The ladies were delightful, friendly and welcoming, with a little bantering thrown in for good measure,  I had a great time.  Often I tell the ladies at our class never go to a quilt shop without a project in mind - well as usual I wasn't listening to my own advice. Since visiting the shop last September it has been rearranged.

The yarns are in the back room where I started my foray.  Two skeins of sock wool and some little bamboo needles were on my list - check!  I'm not going to be knitting socks this time - I'm going to try my hand at gloves (oops sorry no pun intended!). 


Next I was looking for the little clips everyone is talking about to hold your bindings - check!  I laid these aside on the counter and stepped into the Aladdin's cave of fabrics.  Rows and rows of bolts, all colourfully arranged, a very good variety of prints, plains, modern, traditional, batiks, flannel, you name it - it was there.  One particular fabric line caught my eye immediately.  As always I need to chop and change add in extras then take them away.  Poor B was I think getting a bit fed up with me but was very good humoured and in the end just left me to my own devices.  Here is some of the selection I eventually decided on.



The shop is full of sample quilts which greet you as soon as you open the door.  Colourful quilts change each time I visit,  all made up and adorning the walls to give would be quilters lots of interesting ideas and suggestions.  I spotted a colourful twister quilt, I've looked at these for a while and thought I might try it out sometime in the future so I bought the templates.  

With my purse a little lighter and a singing heart I left to return another day hopefully in the not too distant future.  If you are ever passing through the area I would suggest you make a stop off here, in a lovely little town which has something for everyone.

Have a great quilty week.

2 comments:

margaret said...

sounds like a good day out, wish we had large quilt shops to browse in, well maybe have a spend too!

Karen said...

Hey Twinny guess what I bought at the Edinburgh Quilt Show yesterday?! Kx