Thursday 27 February 2014

First Glove Almost Done

This has been a fun project - as you know I enjoy knitting socks on four pins but there is a limit to the number of feet you can keep warm with these lovely creations.  



One of a pair completed last year


I needed a change but still wanted to knit with my little pins and fine sock wool.  This is what I came up with.


Snug Fit - Just got the ends to sew in on this one.  Left glove started and cuff almost complete

I have tried gloves before but I can't say they were an overwhelming success.  They were knitted for Techie and had half fingers so he could have warm hands while out taking his wildlife photographs.  I think he has probably 'lost' them by now.  This pattern was much easier to follow although it is supposed to have  a lovely cable pattern on the back of the hand.   For the first knitting of this pattern I decided to give it a miss and just make them plain for simplicity.  I though it would be enough trying to juggle fingers.  We had a laugh along the way as each night a new appendage would appear a with spaghetti hanging out the ends of the fingers.  I am really pleased with this one and it's a really comfy fit.  I will cast on the next one later once I get all the household chores done.

I am trying to get the Fall in the City quilt finished too - I am almost there, I think I have only four squares to outline with the perle cotton then I'm finished.  I might manage to complete it this evening in time for finish it up Friday at Crazymomquilts.  

Fall in the City - neither is it Fall nor is it in a City

Update:  Success - here it is!  I will try and get a better photo tomorrow, maybe even in the snow!  The finished size is 58" x 75". 

I am planning ahead again - I have a quick and easy scrap quilt on the go too for a very special activity taking place next Tuesday.  Watch this space.


 

3 comments:

PeggyinNO said...

I love the quilt! Fall colors are my favorite!

Richard Healey said...

Love the quilt it is looking amazing.

Richard and Tanya Quilts
Richard and Tanya Quilts Patterns on Craftsy

Angie in SoCal said...

What a great quilt. I love how crisp and bright it is - certainly a fall quilt.