Wednesday 19 February 2014

A Technical Problem

My sewing machine has been lying dormant here for a few months so not surprisingly after the last few days of sewing a couple of 'Hardware' blocks it has decided to complain.   Is she unsure of this pattern too? Initially I thought it was just me, being a different model from my machine I use back home I thought it was taking me a bit longer to get used to it again.  Last night she gave out an annoyed groan of protest.  She sure wasn't happy.  Well as you do, I unthreaded and re threaded, no difference.  I changed the needle to a nice new one, no difference.  I rewound and replaced the bobbin - oh oh! when I removed the bobbin I realised the poor creature was in need of a spring clean.  This is what I removed from the bobbin case!!


Just look at the caterpillars I poked out of the feed dogs. Yuck and all that extra fluff.  Some time later after some TLC and a good clean out with a soft brush I put everything back together and threaded her up.  Way to go - singing sweetly again and stitching like a dream.  The jury is still out though on this 'Hardware' project I will finish one more block and then it will be decision time.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Disgraceful! No wonder she protested! :-) kx