Thursday 6 February 2014

Blue Skies at Last

Good Morning from the Rockies!  What a long day we had yesterday, it was the start of our long awaited, badly needed, spring break.  We have left Techie behind holding the fort and I think he is secretly looking forward to having the house to himself without the oldies looking over his shoulder. He will also have the sewing machine all to himself if he decides to make a quilt from his old rugby tops!

Leaving the house at 7am is not really something I enjoy - I know lots of people do it every day on their commute to work but I am just not a morning person.  We were picked up by our good friend R. and driven to Glasgow airport for the first stage of our trip.  Our arrival and for that matter our departure from Heathrow was delayed due to the high winds affecting the area.  All the planes were in the wrong positions and we had to be bussed to our awaiting plane to Calgary.

Our dear friends were waiting for our arrival at Calgary airport around 6pm armed with drinks and sandwiches. It's great to see them again looking so well after all their trauma of last year.  A very happy couple delighted to be back in their own home following the flooding last June.  I'm looking forward to catching up over many cups of tea some afternoons.

The temperature on the gauge this morning is sitting at a very chilling -25*C - this is going to be  quite a shock to our systems.  We don't get these low temperatures at home.  I have just looked out the front window as it's beginning to get light now and my favourite view is just the same as always - wonderful.  What a welcome sight!


Quilting updates will return eventually when we get settled.  I have a big quilt top ready to be sandwiched and lots of ideas for new projects for the house while I am here.  

Off to unpack my suitcase now.

1 comment:

margaret said...

have a lovely trip and wrap up to keep warm