Sunday 9 February 2014

Sewing Machine Set Up

Jet lag is still hanging around here as is poor hubby's cough.  We are awake early these mornings and our day starts with coffee around 6.30am, way to early for me.  Hopefully we will soon get into a better routine as the days go on.  Very low temperatures around -20C is also a bit of a jolt. There were not many people out and about yesterday morning when we went for our shopping to stock the pantry.  However the great thing about being here is the days have been clear and sunny.  We have already seen more hours of blue skies since we arrived here than we have seen since last year at home.

Being so cold we have spent a lot of our time indoors, getting ourselves settled in, unpacking, organising and enjoying sitting in the den in the sun, reading and relaxing.  Yesterday I got out all my sewing stuff.  I had a play with my fabrics, set up the sewing machine and found - although it wasn't really lost - this quilt top all ready to be sandwiched.  
 

I made up my mind there and then to piece the back and get it finished before I get involved too much in a new project. I had bought enough fabric for the backing when I had bought the Connecting Threads kit some time ago, this photo was dated August 2012 so probably was purchased earlier that year or even the previous summer.  I don't normally buy backing until the top is finished but I think I decided at the time that the fabric was such good value for money to go ahead and make the purchase.  This top measures 80" x 60" so the backing had to be pieced.  I had some fabrics left so I made five blocks to place on the back, however I only used four. I will probably make a start to the sandwiching process later.

Apologies for the layout of these recent posts I have not yet turned on the PC and unfortunately I am not able to format the page on Blogger when using my iPad.

Have a good week.


1 comment:

margaret said...

have a lovely time and make sure you wrap up going out in those very very low temperatures. I cannot imagine how cold it must feel but wu=ith the sun out I suppose it takes a bit of the cold away The quilt is looking good